Sunday 16 August 2015

Brick Laden Shoulder Blades

The thoughts bubbling in my brain when I have to respond to a casual, "How are you?"






















Do not ask me about my health nor wealth,
But ask me about my faith,
For a person with an attachment to the ephemeral world,
Can never satisfy their thirst.

With everything on their plate.
Not the status of millionaire,
Nor their eyesight, hearing or strength.
Upon chasing they are hell bent,
And chase they will until hell bends,
From the sins that lay with them. 

But for the one with the ultimate goal in mind,
A resolve for the final destination,
A body of broken bones,
Wrapped in a battered case,
And a penny to their name,
Trials and tribulations 
Can so easily be faced.

Do not ask me about my health nor wealth,
Ask me about my faith,
As a heavy heart weighs much more,
Than brick laden shoulder blades.

No comments:

Post a Comment