Monday 3 August 2015

Breed, Read and Feed

Some of my thoughts on the world we live in...




















I started to notice that in our society,
There are those who are well bred,
Those who are well read,
And those who are well fed,
And according to those in power,
Some of us are better of dead!
But can you put a price on a head?
How many of me for one plot of land?
How many lives will you demand?
Some people call it a land grab,
But all I see is grabbing bodies of now lost souls.
In their place remains a giant hole, 
Which penetrates the hearts of those who miss them,
Who knew them,
And the hearts of us,
Who will never get to meet them.

How can you turn someone’s smile and hope in their eyes,
Their unique laughter and the way they see the skies,
Into a statistic?
Don’t tell me that’s just the logistic,
Of war.
How long for?
Will you pretend this is right?
I hope you awake in the night like Macbeth,
And see the blood on your hands mirroring all the deaths,
That you caused, 
And enjoyed the applause.
This isn’t a song or a game,
BANG BANG you shot me down,

But did you ask my name?

No comments:

Post a Comment