Thursday 9 July 2015

Subjective Liberty
















Liberty lies in the eye of the beholder,
and behold the liberty of mine.

Encased in a protective seal,
my body is concealed 
from perverse eyes.

My speech is controlled by my tongue,
and my lips restrain many secrets,
but my eyes scream volumes,
to those without prejudice, who can still hear them speak up.

I hear the blunt words of ignorance,
like knives they pierce my ears.

Ignorance upon ignorance,
fuelling irrational fears.

Yet, I find myself surrounded,
by those who pretend to care,
but care not about my emotions,
or how uncomfortable I find their stares,
or the way they proudly declare,
their divine right to see my hair.

So I repeat some words,
Which may, or may not, fall upon deaf ears.
Liberty is in the eye of the beholder,
and behold the liberty of mine.
It fits me, so flawlessly perfected
as, by me, it was designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment